Every year we make resolutions with the best intentions, but keeping them up for a full 365 days just isn’t always realistic. If a resolution is too complicated or challenging, there’s a good chance we won’t stick to it for the entire year. But setting goals doesn’t have to be so much work; committing to tiny tweaks can actually lead to big results. These resolutions are ones you can actually keep – little changes to your daily routine that will leave you feeling your healthiest ever!
- Pack your lunch: Not only does bringing your own food to work save calories, but it also helps save money. Both your body and your budget will be better than ever.
- Maximize your morning: Whether you take time to hit the gym, stretch, or just relax with a cup of coffee, jump-start your day by making the most of your a.m.
- Revamp your pantry: The key to cooking your way to weight loss is having a pantry stocked with the goods you need. Dump your old items for these healthy staples.
- Drink more water: Don’t stress out over an exact number of glasses, but set a goal to just stay a little more hydrated. If you are craving a snack, grab water first, and start to keep a water bottle at your desk or in your bag for easy access.
- Try a new form of fitness: Even if you love your go-to workout of choice, trying something new will challenge you both mentally and physically. You may just find an exercise you can’t quit when you give something new a try.
- Eat more vegetables: You don’t need to try a fancy diet; just eat as many vegetables as you can every day.
- Get up and move: Don’t let yourself get stuck sitting all day. Walk, dance, wave your arms around – do anything you can to move daily.
- Smile: It may feel unnatural at first, but forcing yourself to smile can actually improve your mood. If you find little things that put a grin on your face, every day will feel just a little bit better.
- Be nice to yourself: We all have days where we wish we could have been healthier, but don’t beat yourself up just because you ditched the gym. Love yourself and your body, even when you’re struggling more than usual.
- Stretch: No matter how much time you can devote to it, make it your mantra to stretch more. Improve your posture and keep your muscles healthy by giving them a little extra love.
- Rest up: Make sleep a priority. Try turning in 20 minutes earlier or turning off the screens an hour before you hit the hay.
- Go outside: Soak up a little extra sunlight and reenergize your body by stepping outside, even for a brisk walk around the block.
Source: Pop Sugar