Can’t seem to make it to the gym these days? Stop with the excuses, and let these 20 lazy-girl-approved tips keep you on track all season long.
- Keep it short: Always opt for a short and intense workout over a longer one where you don’t push yourself. HIIT it, then quit it.
- Get it out of the way: Start your day with a workout so you don’t have a chance to skip it later. This one is great for all the procrastinating lazy ladies out there.
- Two birds, one stone: Cardio and strength training don’t have to happen separately. Combine them in one workout like this 30-minute printable for a killer workout.
- Hit the floor: Yes, you can lie on the floor and still get an awesome workout. These lazy-girl-approved moves are proof.
- Double TV time: Your commercial breaks are mini workouts that add up after an hour or two of your favorite shows. Try this three-minute workout the next time you want to binge on the tube.
- Socialize: Grab friends for your next class. Scheduling a fitness date will make you more likely to stick with the game plan. No one likes to bail on someone they love.
- Pack up early: Get your gear ready to go the night before your workout. That way you don’t have to rush around right before your workout . . . or end up skipping it altogether.
- Change your commute: Ride your bike or walk for a portion or all of your commute. Makings things active will help you burn calories and keep you off public transportation for as long as possible.
- Multitask the mundane: You can always sneak in some exercise. Move through calf raises when you’re standing in a long line or waiting for the bus, and move through this two-minute workout you can do while brushing your teeth.
- Enjoy your snack: The right pre-workout snack can fuel you up for better performance at your next workout. Try one of these and enjoy.
- Go slow: You don’t have to look like the Energizer Bunny during every workout. Turn up the resistance, slow things down, and you’ll feel the burn big-time.
- Drink up: More water helps your body burn more fat, and being properly hydrated improves your workout performance. Sip on H2O all day long.
- Make it routine: When your workout feels like second nature, you won’t be as tempted to skip it. Keep your routine consistent every week, and start feeling results.
- Lift a little: If you’re all cardio and no strength training, you’re not going to see the changes you’re after. These beginner-friendly dumbbell exercises are a great place to start.
- Go for 10: Even if you’re not going to commit to a full workout, take 10 minutes and work out with one of these videos. Short workouts still count!
- Stay caffeinated: Too tired to hit the gym? Turn up with a few sips of coffee or green tea. You’ll get your energy back on track, and caffeine has been linked to better workout performance.
- Cruise your feed: Start following fitness stars like Kayla Itsines and Hannah Bronfman, who will fill up your Instagram feed with a ton of motivation. It’s hard not to want to work out after looking at these ladies!
- Hire outside help: Sign up for boutique classes with an awesome instructor, or hire a personal trainer for a handful of sessions at the gym. They’ll keep you on track and revitalize your routine.
- Reward yourself: All work with no reward does not suit the lazy girl. Whether it’s a piece of chocolate, new gear, or one hour of pure relaxation, give yourself a gold star after you put in the work.
- Stay in bed: You need those seven to nine hours every night to keep you energized throughout the day and during your workout – just another good excuse to linger a little longer.
Source: Pop Sugar