January is gym season, and not just because of resolutions. Working out is a perfect way to warm up, lift your mood, and make sure you’re staying connected during these cold winter days. That said, getting to the gym can be tough, even for people who truly love to work out. While there’s nothing wrong with taking a rest day when you need one, on the days when you do manage to power through the mental resistance and get to the gym for a solid workout, we’re big fans of commemorating the occasion with a well-deserved social media flex – or a real-talk selfie (or two) with a caption that acknowledges how hard it was to make it through your exercise routine that day.
But as everyone knows, half of what makes a post is the caption, and when your brain is exhausted from the intense cardio session, Spin class, or strength-training workout you just put in, it can be tough to figure out what to say to go along with your sweaty selfie. So we came up with a long list of Instagram gym captions to help inspire you. Consider your next post a way to savor the good feelings that checking off your workout for the day can bring – and if a bunch of likes and nice comments roll in (thanks to one these workout captions), that’s just an added bonus.
– Additional reporting by Melissa Santoyo
Funny Gym Instagram Captions
The perfect gym captions to get you in good spirits, and distract you from the pain.
- Leggings passed the squat test 👌
- Day 1483 of exercising until I’m too tired to stress.
- Keep your squats low and your standards high.
- Working on my sleeper build.
- You’re my inspo 😉
- Dreaming of my post-workout smoothie.
- Over/under on when my deodorant failed.
- The guy on the treadmill next to me didn’t know we were racing. (I won.)
- Chasing an endorphin rush.
- I don’t sweat, I sparkle. ✨
- Couples who train together . . . 😘
- What, like it’s hard?
- Catch me on my couch later.
- Meet you at the bar . . . bell.
- Lift heavy and love hard.
- Only worked out so I could show off my ‘fit.
- Just a couple of gym rats. 🏋️🏋️
- Guess how many times I almost quit.
- Workouts are my happy hour.
- Life has its ups and downs – we call them squats.
- Shut up and squat!
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just at the gym.
- My emotional support water bottle made me come.
- Eat, sleep, gym, repeat.
- Still on my 12-3-30 ish.
- Praying that I used the machines right.
- I got 99 problems, but I’m going to the gym to ignore all of them.
- It’s my workout, I can cry if I want to.
- Weights before dates.
Motivational Gym Instagram Captions
The perfect gym captions to motivate yourself and other fitness-lovers.
- Stop waiting for Monday, January 1, or anything else. Start now.
- Sore today, stronger tomorrow.
- Take care of your body. It’s where you live.
- Never not training.
- Never miss a Monday.
- On good days, work out. On bad days, work out harder.
- No caption necessary.
- Nothing but gains here. 📈
- Sweat now, shine later.
- I woke up like this. 🥵
- Rest when you’re done!
- Burns so good. 🔥
- Stronger body, stronger mind.
- Someday your hardest workout will be your warmup.
- Work in progress.
- Leveling up!
- Strong-girl spring incoming.
- Post-workout flex. 💪
- Always proud of making progress.
- Glowing and growing.
- Finishing the week off strong! 🎯
- In the wise words of Naomi Smalls, “Every day is leg day.”
- Trust the process.
- Here’s a post-pump pic.
- In honor of a workout well done.
- It’s not sweat, it’s the post-workout glow.
- Progress & perfection.
- I always feel my best after hitting the gym. 🔥
- Work hard in silence, let your success be the noise.
- No progress is too little.
- Did you get it in today?
- How you do anything, is how you do everything. 🔥
- Clock in or remain the same.
- Change your body by changing your thoughts.
- Work. train. repeat.
Source: Pop Sugar