Breakfast: Hot Brown Rice Cereal With Pecans and Half a Pear
Note: This quick breakfast uses the leftover coconut brown rice from yesterday’s dinner to provide a whole grain cereal base.
3/4 cup cooked brown basmati coconut rice
1/2 cup warmed unsweetened almond milk
1/2 pear, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Dash of powdered ginger
- Place the brown rice in a bowl, and pour the warm milk over top.
- Sprinkle on a dash of powdered ginger.
- Layer on the sliced pear, follow by the chopped pecans.
Protein: 6.33 grams
Carbohydrate: 53.1 grams
Dietary Fiber: 8.164 grams
Total Sugars: 11.1 grams
Total Fat: 14.2 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.1 grams
Lunch: Chickpea Coconut Curry and Half a Pear
Note: Eat one serving of leftover chickpea coconut curry over one serving of coconut brown rice with the other half of the pear, sliced.
Dinner: Chicken Chili and Kale Cucumber Chopped Salad
Note: Eat 1/6 of the recipe with the side salad. Refrigerate 1/6 of the recipe for lunch on day three; freeze the remaining 2/3 of the recipe.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/4 cup chili powder
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon chicken stock
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon salt
2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained
To garnish: (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, heat canola oil over high heat. Add onion, pepper, jalapeños, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the onion is tender (about five minutes.)
- Add chicken – cook, stirring to break up lumps until the chicken loses its pink color (about five minutes). Stir in chili powder, and cook one minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce, and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring often until the chili is thickened (about 45 minutes.)
- Stir in beans, cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. Uncover for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Top with garnish of your choice, and enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- North American
1 cup chopped kale
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned white beans
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Drizzle over all the other ingredients, and toss to coat.
Protein: 8.207 grams
Carbohydrate: 22.8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 5.38 grams
Total Sugars: 2.352 grams
Total Fat: 5.414 grams
Saturated Fat: .746 gram
- Main Dishes
Snack: Banana Smoothie Muffin
Note: Eat one muffin left over from day one.
Treat: Pecan Stuffed Dates
Make a small slit, lengthwise, in both of the dates; insert 1 teaspoon chopped pecans into each date.
Protein: 1.478 grams
Carbohydrate: 36.5 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3.484 grams
Total Sugars: 32 grams
Total Fat: 2.68 grams
Saturated Fat: .245 gram
Join our community and share pics of your meals on Instagram with the hashtag #PSCleanEats.
Source: Pop Sugar