Breakfast: Egg Sandwich With Avocado and Mushrooms
1 slice sprouted-grain bread
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 Hass avocado, mashed
1/4 cup sliced cremini mushrooms (or your favorite variety)
1 large egg
Pinch of sea salt
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place the bread in the skillet, and heat until toasted on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the bread and add another 1/2 teaspoon oil to skillet and sauté the mushrooms until tender, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms, and add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to pan, and cook the egg to desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes for over easy.
- Spread the avocado on the toast, and top with the egg, mushrooms, and a pinch of sea salt.
Protein: 8.191 grams
Carbohydrate: 26.8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 8.731 grams
Total Sugars: 4.123 grams
Total Fat: 23.2 grams
Saturated Fat: 4.435 grams
- Makes 1 serving
Lunch: Chicken Chili and Tortilla
Note: Eat the leftover chicken chili (1/6 of the total recipe) with a sprouted-grain corn tortilla.
Dinner: Hearty Sweet Potato and Mushroom Quinoa
Notes: Cook two sweet potatoes; use one for today’s dinner and refrigerate one potatoe for breakfast on day five. If potatoes are still hard after first round of cooking, microwave both for 2-minute increments until they soften.
Make 1 1/4 cups quinoa (should yield 3 1/4 cups) and use 1 cup for this meal, and save the remaining quinoa for the meals on days four, six, and seven.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup sliced yellow onion
1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms (or your favorite variety)
1 baked sweet potato, chopped
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Poke holes in sweet potato and microwave on high for 4 minutes, turning twice.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about another 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato and cook just until golden.
- Stir in the quinoa, salt, and chile powder, and stir to combine, and heat through.
Protein: 13 grams
Carbohydrate: 68.9 grams
Dietary Fiber: 10.3 grams
Total Sugars: 11.8 grams
Total Fat: 17.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.376 grams
- Main Dishes
Snack: Roasted Chickpeas
Note: Eat 2/3 cup left over from day one, you will eat the rest with dinner on day four.
Protein: 5.475 grams
Carbohydrate: 19.1 grams
Dietary Fiber: 7.674 grams
Total Sugars: 1.413 grams
Total Fat: 6.533 grams
Saturated Fat: .794 gram
Treat: 2 Justin’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup and “Milky” Tea With Honey
Note: Eat two Justin’s dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups with a cup of herbal tea (chamomile or mint) with 1 teaspoon honey and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk.
Protein: 2.901 grams
Carbohydrate: 18.3 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1.184 grams
Total Sugars: 15.4 grams
Total Fat: 9.48 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.99 grams
Source: Pop Sugar