Breakfast: “Sweet Potato Pie” Smoothie
Note: This recipe uses one leftover potato from day three and leftover tofu from day four.
This breakfast smoothie is great for people who don’t love bananas and for anyone who wants a balance of protein, high-fiber carbohydrates, and fat to start their day off right.
1 cooked sweet potato, peeled (if you have a high-powered blender, you can leave the skin on)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
3 ounces soft tofu
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Handful of ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add a handful of ice, and blend again.
Protein: 12.3 grams
Carbohydrate: 34.8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 10.1 grams
Total Sugars: 6.658 grams
Total Fat: 25.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.639 grams
- Makes 1 serving
Lunch: Avocado-Salmon Salad With Kale and White Beans
1 Hass avocado, mashed
1 5-ounce can wild salmon, drained and flaked
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced carrot
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of chili powder
1/2 cup chopped kale
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned white beans
- Mix avocado, salmon, celery, carrot, sea salt, and paprika together until fully combined. Reserve 1/3 for tomorrow’s snack.
- Spread salmon mixture onto a slice of sprouted grain bread.
- Toss the kale and white beans with vinegar and serve alongside the open-faced sandwich.
Protein: 23.9 g
Carbohydrate: 47.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 14.8 g
Total Sugars: 5.165 g
Total Fat: 20.1 g
Saturated Fat: 3.688 g
- Main Dishes
- Makes 1 serving, plus 1 snack
Dinner: Soba Noodle Soup
Note: This recipe makes two servings; save one for tomorrow’s lunch.
4 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
2 cups diced carrot
4 cups chopped kale
6 ounces dried low-sodium soba noodles
4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Heat the chicken bone broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When the broth boils, add the diced carrot, turn to a simmer, and cover. Simmer until the carrot begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and soba noodles. Simmer until the soba noodles are cooked, about 6 more minutes.
- Divide into 2 portions and save 1 for lunch tomorrow.
- Drizzle each portion with 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil before serving.
Protein: 35.1 grams
Carbohydrate: 76.9 grams
Dietary Fiber: 6.264 grams
Total Sugars: 6.067 grams
Total Fat: 11 grams
- Makes 2 servings (second serving lunch)
Snack: Orange Slices With Cinnamon Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 orange, peeled
- Stir the cinnamon into the peanut butter, and use it as a spread/dip for the orange slices.
Protein: 5.246 grams
Carbohydrate: 18.5 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4.104 grams
Total Sugars: 13.7 grams
Total Fat: 8.22 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.666 grams
- Makes 1 serving
Treat: Navitas Naturals Maca Maple Cashews
Note: Eat one ounce of cashews. If you can’t find this specific variety, or don’t want this flavor, feel free to treat yourself with one ounce of raw or roasted cashews – just opt for unsalted.
Source: Pop Sugar