Standing in front of the shelves and shelves of sunscreens is overwhelming. How do you know which bottle is the safest to choose, one that not only is made without harmful chemicals but also works to protect your skin from sunburn and skin cancer?
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has extensively tested thousands of brands of sunblocks and sunscreens to compile its list of the safest beach and sports sunscreens for 2016. The list of 203 products will be released on May 24, but here is a sneak peek at the top-rated ones. The EWG rates the sunscreen from one to 10, with zero to two being rated as “low hazard.” Below are just a few that made the list with a level-one rating. You can learn more about the program here.
- All Terrain AquaSport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Badger Unscented Sunscreen Face Stick, SPF 35: Rated 1
- Badger Sport Sunscreen Cream, Unscented, SPF 35: Rated 1
- Badger Sunscreen Cream, Lavender, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Beauty Without Cruelty Sunscreen, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Block Island Organics Natural Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 30: Rated 1
- The Honest Company Honest Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 50+: Rated 1
- Butterbean Organics Simple Healthy Sunscreen, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Goddess Garden Facial Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Goddess Garden Everyday Natural Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Loving Naturals Sunscreen Clear Body, SPF 30+: Rated 1
- Sunumbra Family Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30: Rated 1
- Sunology Natural Sunscreen, Face, SPF 50: Rated 1
- Sunology Natural Sunscreen, Body, SPF 50: Rated 1
- Suntegrity Skincare Natural Mineral Sunscreen For Body, SPF 30: Rated 1
- True Natural Ultra Protect 50 Antioxidant Sunscreen, Natural Coconut, SPF 50: Rated 1
Don’t see your favorite on the list? Go to the EWG website and search the brand of sunscreen you have on hand to see how it’s rated. Warning: you might not like what you see!
Source: Pop Sugar