If there is something we love here at Fit Bottomed Girls, it’s a quick HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout that will get your heart rate up, work all of your major muscle groups, and torch calories in a short amount of time. Talk about a win-win, people!
And this HIIT workout is designed to teach your metabolism to work for you by combining high-energy moves with quick intervals of rest. All you need to make this magic happen is a mat, a set of dumbbells (medium weight), and a kettlebell. Let’s do this thing!
Metabolic HIIT Workout
For each exercise, aim for five to 10 rounds with 20 seconds of effort, followed by 20 seconds of rest. If you do 10 rounds of each move, this workout will take just over an hour. Do five rounds of each, and your HIIT workout is just over 30 minutes. Now get ready for some serious metabolic training!
- Russian Kettleball Swings (Check out this clip describing proper form from CrossFit’s Jeff Martone)
- Squat Jumps (Or regular squats for beginners)
- Mountain Climbers
- Jog in Place With High Knees
- Skater Jumps Over Your Mat (Check out these variations from elite trainer BJ Gadder)
- Regular Squats With Kettlebell at the Chest (Or use dumbbells and cross your arms across your chest)
- Jog in Place With Butt Kicks (Work those quads a bit more)
- Lunge Forward With Alternating Feet While Doing Bicep Curls
- Tuck Jumps (Check out this video on Howcast to know how to land properly)
- Jumping Jacks
Source: Pop Sugar