Craving a clean-eating-approved treat? Bake up a batch of these Paleo-friendly coconut-blueberry cookie bars that offer nearly 20 percent of your recommended fiber for the day. They’re equal parts tart and sweet and full of coconut flavor everyone will enjoy. Fresh blueberries make these chewy bars shine, so be sure to try them in your kitchen this Summer.
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup honey
1 cup applesauce
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 cup almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the honey, applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, and almond milk by hand with a whisk. Add in the flour mixture, and fold in the blueberries.
- Brush an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the dish and tap lightly on the counter to settle.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is dry and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into 12 squares and serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Source: Calorie Count
- Makes 12 bars
- Calories per serving
Source: Pop Sugar