Tons of dairy and refried beans keep traditional seven-layer dip heavy on digestion. For a fresh take on a favorite, this lightened-up recipe still curbs cravings but with much less fat and far more fiber. And even though we’re lightening up the layers with some healthy swaps, the dip will keep the festive look and variety of textures that everyone loves.
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 avocados, mashed well
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
2/3 cup black beans
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced black olives and scallions, to garnish
- Spread chopped romaine lettuce at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add avocado layer on top, and smooth out with a spoon to even height.
- Spoon Greek yogurt layer, and smooth if necessary.
- Layer black beans, then diced tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle cheese, and add olives and scallions.
Source: Calorie Count
- Dips, Appetizers
- Makes eight servings
- Calories per serving
Source: Pop Sugar