This move is tough, but let me tell you, it is so worth the sweat and struggle. A set of surrenders strengthens your legs, tones your butt, and works your core. It also keeps your heart rate up as you go from kneeling to standing over and over again. You guys! Changing levels takes a lot of effort.
Before attempting this move, find some padding for your knees. I like to fold my yoga mat in half to double the cushion.
- Stand with your hands behind your head with your elbows wide, and bring your right knee gently to the ground.
- Bring your left knee down so you are kneeling. Keep your chest up and squeeze your glutes to keep yourself stable.
- Lift your right foot up and place it in front of you. Bring the left foot forward to stand up, pressing through your right heel.
- This completes one rep. Start the next by bringing your left knee to the floor.
- Do two to three sets of 12 reps each.
Source: Pop Sugar