To burn mega calories and build metabolism-boosting muscle mix cardio bursts into your strength training. And this workout does just that with a 1:1 ratio of cardio to strength training. The cardio portion is jumping rope, but don’t worry – you won’t have to do all those minutes back to back. The jumping is mixed with targeted strength-training moves. Don’t have a jump rope? Fake it. Seriously. You might feel a little silly, but jumping in place for a minute is killer (and easier than dodging a rotating rope).
Directions: Perform as many reps of each exercise as you can in one minute – taking breaks as needed. Beginners, start by doing each move for 30 seconds followed by a 30-second rest period. Take a two-minute break between each 10-minute set. Cool down with three to five minutes of stretching.
To learn the details and see images of each exercise, keep scrolling.
Sumo Squat and Punch
- Come into a wide sumo squat; punch to the left then right.
- Return to standing and repeat.
- Begin with arms up to the left, allowing the right foot to pivot as needed.
- Slice arms diagonally across body, pivoting on left foot.
- Switch sides after 30 seconds.
Elbow Plank With Knee Drive
- Start in an elbow plank, and bring your right knee into your nose; your pelvis will rise toward the ceiling. Place right foot back on the ground.
- Alternate sides, bringing your left knee in.
- Jump your feet wide to the sides with toes pointed outward, bringing hands to knees to increase the stretch of the inner thighs.
- Jump your legs together, crossing your feet.
- Begin in a full plank; lower your right elbow to the mat and then your left, coming into an elbow plank.
- Put your right hand on the mat and straighten your right elbow. Do the same on the left to return to full plank.
Source: Pop Sugar